Monday, May 2, 2011

Pissed-off Patriotism

If you didn't read my previous post, you may want to to understand what's about to happen here. That being said...

Ok, let me clarify something. I know I should be studying my ass off for finals, I know I should be writing yet another paper and I know I should be making notes for a comprehensive statistics final. But ya know what? I was up way later than I wanted to be having an argument that was just a little pointless and have not had the best day today. SO, I've decided to clarify something.

The leader of a major terrorist organization is dead. Gonzo. Kablooey. And while I do see him as a waste of very precious human life (particularly brains, I have a soft spot for those) and I do have some sort of convoluted, highly-limited feeling that kind of resembles sort of empathy for people who are brainwashed and lose themselves in the darkness, I'm going to cave. Sir (he knows who he is), you win. Also, I don't think we were fully talking about the same thing last night.

To the people who think it's disgusting to celebrate Bil Laden's death: Go Fuck Yourselves.

Here's what I mean: YES, it's unchristian (or whatever) to celebrate death, YES he was a human being, but if you're going to sit here and tell the families of victims that they can't celebrate justice for their loved ones, you've walked yourself into some misplaced sense of delusional self-righteousness. I'm not saying he got what he deserved, I'm saying the world can feel a little balanced again. People can feel closure. And that is something to celebrate.

Seriously, when I saw THIS in my facebook newsfeed, something snapped:
It suprises me how much hate people have....sure osama is dead but don't rejoice in death like he did. Its sickening

To assume that people rejoice in death over justice is to give them no credit whatsover. If you really can't descend from your ivory pedestal for one brief moment to realize your pampered lap-dog life has given you NO experience with injustice, then to you sir (different sir this time) I say, Go Fuck Yourself. Twice, even.

Good day to you, sir!

No comments:

Post a Comment